Rota Locks are very strong clamps for coupling two pipes at right angles to each other.
- Versitile, but ideal for:
- Dropping a pipe down from a light grid to create a new lighting position.
- Manufacturing Light Trees.
- Tested using AIS79-8 ROTA-LOCK and two pieces of 1 1/2 Sch. 40 Steel Pipe:
- When tensioning bolt tightened to 20ft. lbs. torque, ULC (Ultimate Load Capacity) of 2,000 lbs. was evenly applied to horizontal pipe before slippage occurred. (No Saftey Factors Included.)
- Divide ULC by your required SF (Saftey Factor) to obtain SWL (Safe Working Load).
- Loop has been tensile tested by an independent laboratory to over 25,000 lbs. without failure.